Call to find out more about our Falls prevention
Falls for individuals with balance issues or the elderly can have serious consequences. Our clinic can help prevent falls by offering a tailored strategy and equipment to help prevent falls.
Some basic strategies to help prevent falls can include:
1. Remove rugs that are not firmly attached to the floor.
2. Repair cords that are lying across the floor.
3. Move furniture out of the way to have a clear path.
4. Wear shoes that fit well and have low heels.
5. Use a cane or walker if you need help with balance.
6. Install grab bars in your bathroom and by your bed.
7. Put a nonslip mat in your bathtub or shower.
8. Use a nightlight to see where you are walking at night.
9. Take time when you get up from a chair or bed.
10. Ask your doctor about medicines that might make you dizzy or sleepy.
If you would like to learn more about the full variety of services available from The Balance Centre, please do not hesitate to get in contact with one of our members of staff, who will be more than happy to assist you with any queries you may have. Just give us a call on (01) 662 5977 or alternatively you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to talk to you.