We have modified our practice according to HSE and ISCP recommendations regarding resumption of physiotherapy services. I would like to advise you about how your appointment will be carried out.
1) When arriving at the clinic please stay in your car. Please do not come inside or ring the bell. If you are not travelling by car please arrive at your appointment at the time of your appointment as we are limiting the number of people in the clinic at one time.
2) The physiotherapist will ring you to take a history, see how you are feeling, ask relevant questions and answer any questions you may have.
3) The physiotherapist will then tell you when to come inside. This will allow us to avoid any mixing of patients and ensure social distancing.
4) When entering the clinic please clean your hands with hand sanitizer provided and put on a face mask(one will be provided for you if you do not have one).
5) Tests will be carried out depending on your symptoms and presentation. These will likely take no longer than 15 minutes
6) Depending on the results of the test a treatment plan will be formulated. When possible any exercises will be emailed to you
7) You will be asked to pay by card or an invoice can be issued where you can pay online
8) Upon exiting you will have the opportunity to speak to the physiotherapist again by phone in order to clarify the results of tests, treatment plan and any other questions you may have.
The physiotherapist will have full PPE(face mask, gloves, apron, face shield depending on proximity) during the session and the clinic will be cleaned in between each patient. These measures are in place to ensure your safety and that of the physiotherapist. We recommend that if possible you have someone with you immediately after the initial consultation because sometimes you may temporarily increased symptoms with the testing. If you have any questions please contact us.